Sunday, March 15, 2009

UK paper: Obama fails to halt AIG's $165m bonus payments

[ Obama's administration admits]  that it could not stop the nationalised insurance giant AIG from paying $165m (£118m) in bonuses.

AIG has received $170bn in government money since being saved from bankruptcy in September. The bulk of the bonuses will go to employees in the very business division that wrecked the company's finances.


independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/obama-fails-to-halt-aigs-165m-bonus-payments-1645749.html
At the bottom of this page is a comment box saying "powered by Livejournal" and asking only for subject. After I entered a comment, up came a page wanting me to create an account. I tried entering my Livejournal user name and it told me that name was already in use. Funniest thing. I blew it off.


No comments: