Friday, December 19, 2008

NY Daily: McCain refuses to endorse Palin for president in 2012: 'I can't'

[ The media is trying to spin this as negative to Palin, but here are
soem of McCain's actual words. - tdo ]

"Have no doubt of my admiration and respect for her and my view of her
viability"

[Re 2012:] "I can't say [about] something like that. We've got some great other
young governors. I think you're going to see the governors assume a
greater leadership role in our Republican Party," he said.
He then mentioned governors Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota and Jon Huntsman of Utah.
McCain said he has "the greatest appreciation for Gov. Palin and her
family, and it was a great joy to know them."
"She invigorated our campaign" against Barack Obama for the
presidency, he said. [....]
"Have no doubt of my admiration and respect for her and my view of her
viability, but at this stage, again ... my corpse is still warm, you
know?" he replied.


http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2008/12/15/2008-12-15_mccain_refuses_to_endorse_palin_for_pres.html
Comment box is about half way down this page, between the story and
the comments. My name was already on the box as we have had many
alerts here. Comment went right up.

No comments: